why did you kill that man
it's a metaphor
Anonymous asked: What's your major in college?
Anonymous asked: Do you have any advice for developing a female's professional wardrobe? I'm graduating soon and am going to be working in an office, and my wardrobe feels too sloppy for the workplace! Buying new clothes is so intimidating though - I don't know where to begin, and I'm not confident in my choices.
Congrats on your new job, anon!
Here is what you need to buy.
- A black pencil skirt
- Five different blouses, in solid colors which please you. They can be button-down or drape-y or whatever.
- Two pairs of slacks, one black and one grey
- a wrap dress (can be a print)
- two pairs of fun and comfortable pumps (one black, one neutral)
- a piece of statement jewelry
- two scarves
On this you can live. I don’t know how professional your office is, but this is the standard. If you need to be wearing suits, it changes.
(It changes again when you get comfortable with your own style. But you can’t go wrong with this stuff. Add a grey or white or navy skirt if you like more skirts, maybe.)
This is amazing advice that I will reblog always.